The Lord is continuing to direct me toward further Spanish ministry—something I never expected during all my years of training for ministry. Here are some of the things that He has directed me to do so far in the past 2 ½ years to prepare myself for further Spanish ministry:
1. Teaching various guitar classes in one or more local Spanish churches for more than two years, including developing extensively a new method of learning and using guitar for Spanish ministry
2. Studying music theory in Spanish at some length
3. Studying much Spanish grammar through the use of several Spanish textbooks and learning a vast number of Spanish vocabulary words
4. Reading over half of the Bible in Spanish this year
5. Listening and practicing with a set of Pimsleur audio tapes made for beginners to learn Spanish
6. Watching and studying 56 of 60 free online video lessons for learning Spanish at Spanishdict.com (http://www.spanishdict.com/learn/courses)
7. Watching and studying all 22 video lessons produced by BBC that are available for learning Spanish (http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/)
8. Attending a number of Bible classes taught in Spanish at a local Bible institute/college
9. Learning to sing and play many Spanish hymns; intensively studying elision in Spanish hymnody
10. Writing several Spanish hymns
11. Writing a few blogposts in Spanish (with much help from Google Translate, Spanishdict.com, and several friends)
12. Ministering twice a month in my church’s Spanish ministry, mostly in special music involving using my guitar to accompany others
13. Attending a number of services in local Spanish churches
14. Ministering musically with some of my guitar students several times in three Spanish churches
15. Going out into neighborhoods around my church to follow-up on Spanish people whom others in my church have previously contacted
16. Preaching once in 2013 for a service in a Spanish church; preparing for teaching Sunday school and preaching in a Spanish church in August 2014, D.V.
Sea alabado el nombre de Jehová (Salmos 113:3)!
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.