In his message tonight, Pastor Mark Minnick first rehearsed six principles that 1 Corinthians 8-10 provides us with for deciding Christian liberty issues.
1. Christian liberty issues concern matters that are not actually stipulated or specified in Scripture.
2. Nevertheless, they are Scriptural issues because there are Scriptural considerations that apply to these matters about which there is not explicit teaching.
3. These issues, therefore, are significant—they are not inconsequential.
4. The answers to these issues are not always short.
5. The answers to these issues are not always simple.
6. The answers to these issues are not always the same.
He then exposited 1 Corinthians 10:28-30 at some length to explain how the answers to these issues are not always the same. I highly commend his message Abstaining to you.