If you consider yourself to be a Christian, do you also consider yourself to be a saint of God?
If not, I encourage you to consider carefully that the NT speaks of Christians as being saints at least 47 times!
1. Acts 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
2. Acts 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
3. Acts 9:41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.
4. Acts 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
1. Rom. 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Rom. 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
3. Rom. 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
4. Rom. 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
5. Rom. 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
6. Rom. 15:31 That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
7. Rom. 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
8. Rom. 16:15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.
9. 1 Cor. 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
10. 1 Cor. 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
11. 1 Cor. 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
12. 1 Cor. 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
13. 1 Cor. 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
14. 1 Cor. 16:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
15. 2 Cor. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
16. 2 Cor. 8:4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
17. 2 Cor. 9:1 For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you:
18. 2 Cor. 9:12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
19. 2 Cor. 13:13 All the saints salute you.
20. Eph. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
21. Eph. 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
22. Eph. 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
23. Eph. 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
24. Eph. 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
25. Eph. 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
26. Eph. 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
27. Eph. 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
28. Eph. 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
29. Phil. 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
30. Phil. 4:21 Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.
31. Phil. 4:22 All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar’s household.
32. Col. 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
33. Col. 1:4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints,
34. Col. 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
35. Col. 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
36. 1 Thess. 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
37. 2 Thess. 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
38. 1 Tim. 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints‘ feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.
39. Phlm. 1:5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
40. Phlm. 1:7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.
1. Heb. 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
2. Heb. 13:24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.
3. Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
The NT abundantly teaches that Christians are saints of the Lord. If you are a Christian, you are a saint of God. Are you walking worthy of your calling to be a saint of the Lord (cf. Rom. 1:7; 1 Cor. 1:2)?
Furthermore, corporately, we need more preaching, teaching, and admonishing one another in singing about our being His saints and what that means about how we are to live.
Let us believe what God has said that we are His saints, and let us glorify Him by being entirely consecrated to Him as His saints!
Copyright © 2011-2021 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.