I believe that Scripture provides clear evidence that king Solomon was saved. I have written five articles that provide multiple reasons for holding that view and for believing that he did not perish eternally:
For at least 9 good reasons, we can be confident that Solomon was saved and did not perish eternally.
1. Solomon did not completely turn away from God
2. God’s promises to David about Solomon
3. God’s loving Solomon at his birth
4. Solomon loved God
5. God’s chastening Solomon
6. The record of Solomon’s life in Second Chronicles
7. A striking passage that includes an emphatic statement about God’s love for Solomon
8. Solomon was not an apostate writer of multiple books of Scripture
9. No mention of Solomon in the NT as an example of one who apostatized
A comparison of the biblical record about Samson with that of Solomon supports holding that Solomon was saved and did not perish eternally.
Holding the view that king Solomon is now in hell has profound implications for what a believer would also have to hold to be true if it were true that Solomon is now in hell. Solomon was saved and is not in hell now.
Three biblical considerations show that Solomon did repent before he died. He was saved and did not perish eternally.
1. A written record of all that Solomon did
2. Jesus as a greater than Solomon
3. Solomon’s porch in the Temple
The lack of mention of Solomon in Hebrews 11 does not at all prove that he perished eternally. Solomon was saved and is in heaven.
Copyright © 2011-2022 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.