1. God saves us by turning us from darkness to light, and from the power of the devil to Himself:
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
2. He does so by delivering us from the power of darkness and translating us into His Son’s kingdom:
Col. 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
3. Even after He has saved us, we wrestle against the demonic rulers of the darkness of this world and their spiritual wickedness:
Eph. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
4. To do God’s will as believers, we must not have anything to do with the powers of darkness and their evil works:
Rom. 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Eph. 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
5. In order for us to obey these directives to cast off the works of darkness and not to have any fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, we must take heed to testimonies from former occultists because they are able to provide us with valid, first-hand information about the evil works of darkness that Scripture does not specify for us.
We err greatly if we reject their testimonies by arguing that any valid information about the evil things of the occult must come explicitly and directly by name from Scripture itself.
We must take heed to the testimonies of former occultists!
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.