The Super Bowl is scheduled to be played tomorrow evening. Many believers will intentionally pay as little attention as possible to it, and some may decry those believers who have any level of interest in the game.
Many other believers will pay attention to the game in various ways. Given that the game will be played barring some remarkable and unexpected providential intervention by God, here are some things that interested believers might consider praying for:
1. God would glorify Himself in an unmistakable way through whatever He allows to take place before, during, and after the game.
2. The number of believers who forsake the assembling of themselves together tomorrow would be amazingly small because of a supernatural working of God at a remarkable level to convince His people not to do so.
3. Success for whatever evangelistic efforts may be made by believers through commercials aired during the game or through attending the game or planning to be present somewhere near the stadium for that purpose.
4. The players would do no evil. It would be great to have a clean game where there are no dirty plays, especially plays that injure players unnecessarily.
5. The officials would have skill to officiate fairly and not miss any calls. It would be especially great if the game were not to be decided by a questionable call by the officials.
6. The team that wins would do so because they have striven lawfully.
7. Both teams would display excellent sportsmanship in everything that takes place.
8. The fans would not do anything to disrupt the game.
9. There would not be any tragic things take place among the fans such as have marred many major sporting events over the years
10. Law enforcement personnel would be supernaturally empowered to have great success in delivering a great number of the victims of the human trafficking that is expected to take place surrounding this event.
Who knows what God might do tomorrow if many of His people were to pray fervently along these lines!
Copyright © 2011-2024 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.