In light of the soon return of His Son, God wants you to live worthily as an exemplary disciple of Jesus Christ while you wait for that glorious day:
- By becoming a follower of Paul and of Christ (1 Thess. 1:6)
- By being thoroughly evangelistic (1:7-8)
- By slaving for God the Father and waiting for His Son (1:9-10)
- By having your glory and joy in the disciples that God enables you to make for His glory (2:19-20)
- By praying intensely and persistently for opportunities to make disciples for His glory (3:10-13)
- By having the comfort of the hope of the return of His Son as you go on making disciples for His glory who have the comfort of the hope of the return of His Son (4:14-18)
- By being alert and sober in your waiting – 17 commands (5:11-22)
- By being sanctified totally for His glory (5:23)
Every chapter ends with a reference to the Second Coming (1:10; 2:19; 3:13; 4:15-17; 5:23)! Let us therefore walk worthy of God, who has called us unto His kingdom and glory (2:12).
Copyright © 2011-2022 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.