In many ways, Scripture teaches believers to sing to the Lord:
(1) Examples of believers singing to Him (Exod. 15:1; Acts 16:25);
(2) Examples of believers’ resolving to do so (2 Sam. 22:50; Ps. 104:33);
(3) Prophecies about those who will sing to Him (Isa. 52:8; Jer. 31:12; cf. 1 Chr. 16:33);
(4) Commands for people to sing to Him (1 Chr. 16:23; Ps. 33:2);
(5) Mutual exhortation for people to sing to Him (Ps. 95:1-2)
(6) Instruction that a believer’s doing so is good (Ps. 92:1) and pleasant (Ps. 135:3)
(7) Record of the Lord’s gracious working on behalf of a believer so that he would sing to Him (Ps. 30:11-12)
(8) Explanation that obedience to the command for believers to be filled with the Spirit will result in their singing to Him (Eph. 5:18-19)
(9) Visions of people singing to Him in heaven (Rev. 15:2-4; cf. 5:8-14)
Based on this abundant revelation, let us all sing to the Lord as long as we live and have our being (Ps. 104:33)!
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.