Have there been any physical objects, whether manmade or not, that have been used as musical instruments that have been and are unacceptable for use in corporate worship?
Here are some possible considerations that we must think through biblically:
1. A drum that has multiple horns on it that signify that it is dedicated to demons and used to interact with them
2. A drum that has a humanly indecipherable inscription on it that in actuality expresses praises to Satan
3. A drum that has been used in human sacrifices and has been consecrated for that use by the application of sacrificial human blood to one or more parts of the instrument
4. A drum intentionally shaped in some manner so that one or more parts of it are like human private parts
5. A drum “decorated” with one or more engraved images of “one-finger salutes” or some other vulgar symbol, graphic, etc.
6. A drum that has occult symbols engraved on it
7. A drum that is a real human skull or is shaped like a human skull
See also: Are All Musical Styles Inherently Moral?
On Singing, Dancing, and Playing Instruments in Scripture
Assigned Musical Meanings and Christian Use of Rock Music
We Must Reject a Man-Centered Understanding and Practice of Music
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.