The song, “Jesus Loves Me,” is a great song and a favorite of many people, especially many children. A few years ago, I wrote new words to be sung to the same tune. “O How He Loves Us!” still communicates that Jesus loves us, but it also communicates additional doctrinal truth. This song exposes people of all ages to key Scriptural ideas and stresses to them that God loved us, loves us, and will love us.
- I designed this format for my guitar students so that they could learn the lyrics, the melody, and the chords.
- The top line and time signature show how to count out each measure.
- The capital letters are the basic guitar chords to play in the key of C when strumming or picking the song.
- The numbers take the place of notes on a staff; they show the frets on which to play the melody on the second (B) string of a guitar. (Playing these same frets on either the first string or the sixth string transposes the melody to the key of F.)
- William B. Bradbury produced the original tune from which I generated the numbers.
- I wrote the words, except for the last part of the chorus, which I slightly modified from the original ending by Anna B. Warner.
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.