In January, I read through Psalms in 16 days without having any idea that I would be having an opportunity to minister in February on the topic of personal revival. After I found out that this was to be the topic of my message for an upcoming men’s meeting, it became clear to me why God had directed me to be immersed in Psalms: at least as much as any other book of Scripture, Psalms is the book of personal revival.
To prepare for my upcoming time of ministry, I have been reading through the book of Psalms for the second time this year as well as studying other key passages. (I plan to finish reading Psalms at least by the morning before I speak.)
Here are ten points that I plan to treat about personal revival:
- An earnest desire and longing for God is necessary for revival to come to a person.
- Because revival is the work of God in His people, we must pray fervently for Him to revive us.
- When God revives His people, they are satisfied with His goodness and His mercy, and therefore they rejoice in Him and are glad all their days. They bless and praise Him while they have life.
- A humble and contrite repentance of sin is essential for revival to come to God’s people; there must be a turning away from all idolatry, conformity to the world, and fellowship with the works of darkness.
- Delighting supremely in God’s Word is central to being revived and is a hallmark of a person who is experiencing revival.
- Loving righteousness and hating iniquity are essential for revival.
- Revival is the fruit of the fullness of the Spirit whom God gives to those who love righteousness and hate iniquity.
- A vital relationship to God’s house, day, and leaders is necessary for revival.
- Revival will be a glorious worldwide reality in the millennial kingdom.
- An unwavering resolve to be a revived people while we await His coming is needed greatly in our day.
Last weekend, God also gave me new music for singing a key passage about revival (Psalm 63:1-2). I look forward to how God will use both my message, Ten Points about Personal Revival, and my song, O God, Thou Art My God!
Copyright © 2011-2023 by Rajesh Gandhi. All rights reserved.